Airport accidents can cause serious injury, which is why if you have been hurt in one, you will need to retain the services of an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Our firm is dedicated to ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
What are the different types of airport accidents in New Jersey?
There are several different kinds of airport accidents that can occur in New Jersey. There are varying aspects of an airport, which is why it is important that there are diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. However, accidents can still happen, so you will need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side if you have been injured in an airport. The most common types of airport accidents our firm has seen include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
You may have a viable premises liability claim if you have been injured in an airport due to the negligence of another. If you are able, it is important that you take the following steps immediately after your airport injury. These steps include:
- Call the authorities. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to corroborate your version of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, there is a statute of limitations of two years for most personal injury accidents. This means that if you fail to file your airport accident within two years from the date of the injury, you will lose the opportunity to file your claim, and you will also miss out on the ability to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our legal team is committed to ensuring that you have promptly met all of your claim’s deadlines.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or contact us online.