The holidays are approaching, which means online shopping orders are about to increase. Every year, we turn to various sites to order gifts for our loved ones. This year especially, with COVID-19 cases rising, many people will resort to online shopping, rather than facing the large holiday crowds. An increase in online shopping means an increase in delivery drivers dropping off packages. As a result, there are greater chances of a truck accident occurring. If you are involved in a delivery truck accident you can become seriously injured. Read on to learn more about how truck accidents occur and what to do in the event of an injury.
How do Delivery Truck Accidents Occur?
Trucks are the most dangerous vehicles on the road due to their size and weight. As a result, there are a lot of ways for a serious accident to occur. Below are some of the most common ways an accident may happen:
- Poor judgment: This can include speeding, reckless driving, improper lane changes, making dangerous turns, following others too closely, and more.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who do not pay attention may not be able to prevent an accident by slowing down or stopping the truck in time.
- Impaired driving: Drivers who are under the influence, drowsy, or suffer from a medical condition while driving can cause a severe accident.
- Vehicle malfunction: If there are parts within the truck that are defective, the entire vehicle can malfunction and cause an accident.
- Poor conditions: If a road is not maintained or there is inclement weather, accidents can happen. The winter weather can make things especially dangerous for truck drivers.
What Should I do if I am Injured?
In the event of an injury, you should seek medical attention right away. This will ensure that your injuries are tended to, while also providing you with documentation of your injury. If you are injured in a delivery truck accident, you will likely want to take legal action and recover compensation for your injuries. In delivery truck accidents, it can be difficult to determine which party was at fault, so you will want to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a delivery truck accident, reach out to our law firm today. We want to help you receive the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or send us an email through our online contact form.