Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit on Behalf of Someone Else

Get A Free Consultation Today!

The tragic nature of a brain injury is that it often hijacks the victim’s ability to make decisions for themselves. All it takes is one freak accident to turn an intellectually strong and vibrant person into a someone who will be battling mental and possibly physical impairment for life. Perhaps one of the worst parts about this sort of disease is that it robs victims of their to seek the justice and compensation they deserve on their own. If your family is looking to file suit because one of your loved ones has suffered traumatic brain injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you need to speak with an experienced and qualified attorney

In most personal injury cases, lawyers work directly with clients to pursue damages. There are, however, some circumstances in which it’s possible to file suit on behalf of another person, including wrongful death and mental incapacitation. This means if you’re loved one has suffered irreparable and life-altering brain injury, acting in their interests is possible. This can only be done, however, if you have power of attorney to act for the would-be plaintiff.

Families can still run into considerable problems when endeavoring to file suit on behalf of their mentally impaired loved one. Even if they succeed in their efforts, it’s very possible that the defendant may try to argue that the suit is not the actual wishes of the victim and try to get the case thrown out. It’s imperative that you seek the services of a qualified and reputable attorney that can help you through the process. Don’t let your loved one’s injury go unanswered because they can no longer speak for themselves. Without proper compensation, you may be stuck paying a lifetime’s worth of medical expenses you can’t afford.

The attorneys at the Wilton Law Firm are experienced and qualified personal injury professionals. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, we will be your advocate and legal representative. Call us today for a free consultation and to get the compensation you deserve.