If you are facing the consequences of a supermarket accident, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today to learn more about your legal options. Our skilled Monmouth County supermarket accident attorneys are dedicated to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal and move forward.
What are the common causes of supermarket accidents?
Most people fail to recognize the different ways that an accident can occur when doing weekly grocery shopping. However, it is important to recognize the many ways that these types of accidents can occur. Some of the most common causes of accidents include the following:
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Slip and fall accidents as a result of spills in aisles or restrooms left unaccompanied
- Unsteady displays
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
- Spoiled food left for unsuspecting customers to purchase or sample
- Trip and fall accidents, usually a result of poorly positioned (or missing) floor mats
If you were injured in a supermarket as a result of any of the above-mentioned hazards, give our legal team a call today. At the Wilton Law Firm, we are on your side no matter what you are facing.
What steps should I take after my supermarket accident injury in New Jersey?
If you were hurt as a result of another party’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation. In order to recuperate the compensation you need to heal, you will have to satisfy the burden of proof. In order to do this, you should take the following measures:
- Seek medical attention
- First, it is important that you receive the required medical attention to ensure you are being properly treated. Be sure to call 911 right after the accident.
- Report the accident
- Inform the manager that an accident has happened. This will permit him or her to file an accident report. Ask for the manager’s name and if you are able, acquire a copy of the report.
- Document the scene
- While waiting for the ambulance, take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident to happen.
- Obtain witness contacts
- If anyone witnessed your accident, they may be able to verify your version of events.
- Obtain medical documents
- When you go to the hospital, you will be able to confirm that your injuries are adequately treated while also providing you with evidence of the source and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any applicable medical documents.
- Contact an attorney
- An attorney may be able to acquire additional proof of negligence, including security camera footage, police reports, and more.
If you were injured in a supermarket accident, our firm is on your side. Give our firm a call today to speak with a skilled and reliable lawyer.