Car accidents can cause serious injury and life-long burdens. If you were hurt in one, you will need to hire a skilled New Jersey personal injury attorney to help you navigate through the claims process. Contact our firm today to get started.
How do car accidents occur?
Car accidents can occur as a result of various situations. But, the most common link to car accidents is driver negligence. Our firm has seen several instances of driver negligence. The most typical types of driver negligence include the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Making illegal turns
- Texting and driving
- Carelessly changing lanes
- Driving recklessly by ignoring traffic lights, signs, and all other rules of the road
What are my options if I was hurt in a car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence, you will need to take the following steps:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, collect witness testimony and perform chemical tests.
- It is also crucial that you collect contact information from anyone who may have seen the accident. Witness testimony can be beneficial evidence toward a future personal injury claim.
- Take photos and videos of the damage to all vehicles involved in the crash.
- Seek medical treatment, even if you do not feel injured. In some instances, you can sustain an injury without knowledge, or have an injury that does not show symptoms until days or weeks later.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney. An attorney will be able to help you compile your evidence into a strong claim so that you can obtain the compensation you deserve.
How long do I have to file a claim for car accidents in New Jersey?
A car accident injury due to another’s negligence may entitle you to financial compensation. If you would like to pursue legal action, it is imperative that you promptly file your personal injury claim. In the state of New Jersey, the statute of limitations is two years. This means that you are expected to file your car accident claim within two years from the date of the accident in order to receive the compensation you deserve.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today to ensure that you are meeting your claim’s deadlines. At the Wilton Law Firm, our legal team is prepared to help you navigate through this process.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or contact us online.