New Jersey roads are no stranger to car accidents. The aftermath of a car accident can cause immense stress and anxiety. Being left with substantial physical and emotional injuries, lost wages, and exuberant amounts of medical expenses, victims may want to consider their legal options. If you are facing challenges as a result of a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Call a New Jersey personal injury attorney at The Wilton Law Firm to learn more about your options in a potential personal injury claim.
What should injured parties do after car accidents?
After a car accident, you should take the following measures to protect your future interests and personal injury claims:
- Call 911 and obtain a police report.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident unless you have exchanged insurance information with the other motorist.
- Take pictures of both cars and any other property damage that resulted from the accident.
- Seek proper medical care and obtain documentation outlining your sustained injuries from your doctor.
- Lastly, retain the services of a knowledgeable and experienced Monmouth County car accident attorney who can work to obtain more evidence to provide you with the most favorable outcome.
How can I recover compensation after a car accident?
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident in New Jersey, you may be entitled to significant compensation for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you have sustained. All car accidents are different and compensation is dependent on various factors. The attorneys at The Wilton Law Firm will use their expertise in personal injury law to compile the evidence needed to support a successful outcome. You may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earnings as a result of long-term injuries
- Emotional distress
- In-home medical care
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim?
In New Jersey, there is a two-year statute of limitations. Therefore, the sooner you contact an attorney, the better. With the help of a skilled New Jersey car accident attorney, you can obtain the compensation you deserve.
How much will my personal injury case cost?
The Wilton Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you owe us nothing unless we win your case. We have a track record of favorable outcomes for thousands of car accident cases. Although we settle most cases before going to trial, rest assured that we are prepared for trial should your case need it.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or contact us online.