Your Options After a Workplace Accident in New Jersey | What to Know

Get A Free Consultation Today!

You may be entitled to compensation if you were injured in a workplace accident. Do not wait to reach out to one of our skilled Monmouth County workers’ compensation attorneys today to discuss the details of your accident and your legal options. Our firm is on your side no matter what.

What should I do if I was hurt in a workplace accident?

If you are injured in a workplace accident, you should notify your employer as soon as you can, but no later than 90 days from the date of the accident. The notice may be provided to the supervisor, personnel office, or anyone in authority at the employer’s place of business. It is critical to recognize that the notice does not need to be in writing. If the worker needs medical treatment, a request should be made to the employer right away.

If you were hurt in a workplace accident, you will need to retain the services of an experienced personal injury firm today to determine whether or not you have a viable workers’ compensation claim.

What is workers’ compensation?

The New Jersey Legislature created a system known as Workers’ Compensation to provide benefits to workers who are injured or who contract an occupational disease while on the job. The benefits include medical care, temporary disability payments, and compensation for a resulting permanent disability. In the event of the death of an injured worker, benefits are owed to the family of the worker. Benefits may be paid voluntarily or, in some instances, you may have to apply to the Workers’ Compensation Courts for relief.

If you were injured on the job and would like to learn more about workers’ compensation benefits, reach out to our skilled legal team today. Our firm is prepared to help you obtain the compensation you need to recover.

Who is covered under workers’ compensation?

Almost every employee who works for wages is covered by the law, no matter how many workers are in the company. Under New Jersey law, domestic and farm workers are protected. However, workers considered to be independent contractors, rather than employees, are not covered. It is also important to note that seamen, maritime workers, railroad workers, and federal employees are all covered under the federal workers’ compensation law.

To learn more, reach out to our firm today to discuss the specifics of your workplace accident and your legal options. Our legal team is on your side.


Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or contact us online.