If you have been involved in an accident while riding in an Uber, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about Uber accidents in New Jersey.
What do I do if I’m Injured in a Car Accident?
If you are injured in an Uber accident, there are some important steps you should take. Taking these steps after an accident can help you fulfill the burden of proof necessary to take legal action:
- Take a screenshot of your Uber ride: This can help provide proof of the route, the driver, and the time the accident occurred.
- Call 911: The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Obtain witness contacts: If anyone saw the accident occur, they may be able to corroborate your version of events.
- Seek medical attention: You should go to the hospital immediately after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Be sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further evidence, such as police reports and security camera footage.
What is the Statute of Limitations in New Jersey?
If you are involved in an accident due to another party’s negligence, it is important to take legal action right away. An injury can lead cause physical, emotional, and financial burdens. This may include pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, expensive medical bills, and more. You may deserve compensation to help ease these burdens, but you will have to file your claim in time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean losing your opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. To avoid this, make sure to reach out to an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another party, reach out to our firm today. We are here to advocate for you every step of the way.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or send us an email through our online contact form.