Parking lot accidents are serious. If you were hurt in one, you will need to reach out to our experienced Monmouth County slip and fall accident attorneys today to discuss the specifics of your case and your legal options.
How do parking lot accidents occur in New Jersey?
There are a number of different causes of parking lot accidents. The most common is a result of a property owner’s negligence. Parking lot owners must assure that their property is made safe for all patrons and passersby. Some of the most common causes of parking lot accidents include the following:
- Potholes, cracked pavement, or uneven pavement
- Poor lighting
- Inadequate security
- Snow, ice, or standing water left unattended
- Loose or dangerous debris
- Hazardous material
What steps should I take after a parking lot accident?
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you were hurt as a result of a dangerous condition in a parking lot. In order to increase your chances of getting the compensation you need to heal, you will want to collect as much evidence as you can. If you are able, follow these steps right after your accident:
- Call 911 – The police will file a report and send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous condition that caused your accident.
- Get contact information from any witnesses to the accident. They may be able to supply valuable evidence later on in your legal claim.
- Seek medical attention and confirm that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation revealing the origin of your injuries and their severity.
- Hire a skilled Monmouth County personal injury attorney to help strengthen the chances of being granted the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations in New Jersey?
Generally, for most personal injury claims, the state of New Jersey has imposed a two-year deadline in regards to personal injury claims. This suggests that if you do not file your personal injury claim within two years from the date of the parking lot accident, you will likely miss out on the chance to recover the compensation you need for the physical, emotional, and financial burdens you are facing. Because personal injury claims are so time-sensitive, it is critical that you act quickly on yours. Reach out to our firm today to ensure you are meeting all of your claim’s important deadlines.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Retaining an attorney after an injury-causing accident is the most effective way to ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are legally entitled. To learn more about how we can help you, call the Wilton Law Firm today at 732-275-9555 or contact us online.